Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Favorite things...

Beautiful mornings, with a tasty cup of coffee.  Being able to enjoy it without gulping.

Summer vacation.  Love having my babies home and not having to rush them off to school in the morning.  Love the sun, and the lazy days they can enjoy.  Love the summer nights when we can sit outside and enjoy the lightning bugs and the cool breeze.  The smell of the air, the beauty the summer brings.

Music and all the beautiful things it makes me feel.

Family dinners, with my whole family, my sisters, my mom my nieces and nephews.  Sitting around the table laughing ourselves silly.

Talking to my mother.  No matter where or when, or how she's always there to make me laugh, or smile, or cry with happiness.  She's my voice of reason, she's my shoulder to cry on, she's my best friend, she's my hero, she's my idol, and she loves me for me.  Just me.  Never having to be anything but me in front of her, whether it's my super silly side or my over emotional side.  The most important she thinks I'm really, really funny.

My childrens way of telling me they love me.  We could be in the middle of cleaning up or in the middle of our Sunday dinner at the diner and they will just blurt out an I Love you MOM! Or my son with say he has a secret and give me a kiss on the cheek.  I just got a note today for no reason at all from my 5 year old telling me that he loves me more then all the stars in the sky.  That's alot!

Lazy days.  Being able to stay in your sweats and comfy tshirt, fluffy socks or slippers.  Hang out on the couch or at the computer.  Eat a few naughty snacks, talk for a longer amount of time on the phone... Cuddle with my lovebugs.  Not a care in the world.

My dog Coco.  I just love her to bits!

The sky, and all the beauty it offers every second of every day.

Taking pictures.  Seeing a moment through the lens of my camera and capturing that moment forever.  The part of the sky that I caught 5 months ago that never came back again, but I can see every day through the picture that I took and I can remember just how I felt when I took it.  Just what I was looking for when I put my eye to the camera.  Taking pictures encaptures bits and peices of my life and allows me to hold on to them forever.  I love that.

My home.  The beauty of the wood, the joy it brings us all, the way it keeps us safe and together.
The love I have inside of it, and the life it brings me because it's my home.

Being a Mother.  Just being a Mother is one of the most wonderful and amazing and favorite parts of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment