Friday, February 24, 2012

Sisters

There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me. ~Mary Montagu
I am very blessed with a wonderful family.  I have two sisters, both older.  The best part is that we are all extremely close.  I tell them both everything.  My mother, and my two sisters, are the center of my world.  They have taught me so many things, and loved and supported me through all of my triumphs and failures.  I honestly do not know what I would do without them.

My sister Rose is absolutely amazing.  She's really strong, and smart.   She has been through many challenges, and heartache in the last 2 years, and in that time I have learned so much.  Her husband Sean passed away 2 years ago in January.  It was sudden, and so devastating.  He was way to young to leave us.  Together they had two daughters, Chezzy and Sandra.  Both girls are my little loves.  I honestly feel as close to them as my own children.  I would give anything for those two children.  Our children are all close in age, a year apart starting with my son Kevin.  They are 9,8,7, 5 and 4.  Next year we will have all 5 in school, and they will pretty much cover every grade through 5th.  My niece Chezzy comes here after school every day.  We call them the fab 5. 

Rose, is so amazing.  She has been raising the girls so well on her own.  She took what was given to her, and she made the best out of it.  I'm so incredibly proud of her, I can't really describe it.  Rose gives without thought.  Last summer my husband and I started to have a very bad time financially.  We had some days where we didn't have food.  Rose, my other sister Kim, and my Mother helped me so much, and without a second thought.  When Rose loves you, she loves fully with her entire heart.  I am very lucky to be her sister.  I laugh at how when we were kids, I was very annoying to her.  To her I was an annoying little sister, who stole her lipstick, and copied her style.  To me, she was this beautiful person, with perfect hair, and clothes, and all I wanted was to be just like her.  I wanted to be everything she was.  Thankfully, as the years went by I became less annoying to her!  LOL

When our father became sick, Rose was in graduate school in Missouri, and I had to drive with her back to school one summer because my Mom needed to stay with Dad.  The adventure of that trip would be best told in another post!! LOL All I'll say is, Missouri has pigs, the size of cows, and the humidity is stifling!  I have curly, coarse hair, the entire time I was there I was a sweaty, frizzy MESS! LMAO!  Oh gosh, I am laughing hysterically just remembering that time.  We fought like cats and dogs!! LOL Anyway, my point is after that trip, we started to become very close.  She is my best friend.  I love her more than I could ever put into words.

What I love most about Rose, is the stability and peace I feel because of her.  I will never be alone with her in my life.   To know that no matter what I have to say, or what I am thinking about, I can call Rose and tell her.   With Rose by my side, I can do anything.

My sister Kim, is the oldest of the three of us.  We often joke she is our other Mother.  She always took care of me.  She is a very giving, beautiful person.  She is very sweet, and sensitive.  She has amazing spirit.  She has three children as well, two boys, Devin, and Garrett, and one daughter McKaela.  Kim is a great Mother, and family person.  She believes strongly in family, and keeping everyone together.  I love that about her.  She is very close with our Mom, they like alot of the same things. 

As a child I remember Kim being the one to keep me and Rose in line.  She would make sure we were up when it was time for school.  No matter how mean we were to her, she stood her ground.  Kim has quite a sense of humor.  I dare say it's a bit warped!  To this day I can't just walk right out of the bathroom at my mothers house.  She would stand outside the door and jump at you and yell whenever you would come out.   No matter how many times she would do it, and I would KNOW she would be there, it would still scare the crap out of me!!  She would also beep her horn in the car anytime you walked in front of it!  We would get so mad and there she'd be just smiling and laughing away.  She's very funny. 

What I love most about Kim, is her caring nature.  If you need a friend, or an ear, you can call her, and she will listen and support you.  She would be there for you, no matter what time of day or night, or what the circumstance.  My whole family is that way actually.  Just one phone call, and within 20 minutes, Mom, Rose and Kim are all there for you.  I love Kim very much, and I am so very thankful for her. 

I am a very lucky girl.  I have 2 amazing sisters, and an amazing Mother.  With them beside me I can do anything.  The world is so big, but there love is bigger.  They support me, and love me no matter what.  I am so very grateful that God has blessed me with the family I have.  I honestly can not imagine a better way to live.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment