Friday, March 23, 2012

Natural Therapy







Since I have been feeling depressed the last few months, I started taking more pictures.  I started to appreciate my surroundings.  The realization that I could lose my house at any given moment taught me a very valuable lesson.  Enjoy what you have.   Relish the small things.  Live for the moment.  It may sound cliche' but it works for me.  When I stop focusing on all the negatives and look for small, beautiful, positive things, I feel good.   I feel free.  I feel happy.  In the middle of all of that I taught my children, without knowing I was doing it, to look at the beauty surrounding them as well.  Out of nowhere they'll say Mommy get your camera, look how pretty the sky looks, or Mommy take a picture of this!  For the last several weeks, I have taken a picture of the sky, and our house every single day.  Sometimes I just start snapping and will go back and look at them later in the day and I am always pleasantly surprised at the outcome.  Just one moment, just one fragment of the day frozen.  The sky is the most amazing thing when you look at it.  The clouds, the colors, the birds flying free.  There's always something to appreciate. 

"Look at the trees, look at the birds, look at the clouds, look at the stars... and if you have eyes you will be able to see that the whole existence is joyful. Everything is simply happy. Trees are happy for no reason; they are not going to become prime ministers or presidents and they are not going to become rich and they will never have any bank balance. Look at the flowers - for no reason. It is simply unbelievable how happy flowers are." ~Osho

When I slow down and just relish my surroundings, it's a great feeling.  A peace that over comes you, and makes all the chaos go away for a moment.  Though, I would not wish what we have gone through on any other family, there are parts of it, that I have come to appreciate.  Because it has taught me to look through the darkness and see what's good around me.  Finding those small things that make me appreciate life in itself.  It's not always easy to just appreciate what you do have, and forget the bad things, or the things you don't have.  That's very hard to learn, for me anyway.  Though I know I should always be grateful for what I have, when you feel threatened, you forget the little things that are good, and surrounding you.  Taking pictures has allowed me to appreciate it all.  It teaches me to learn to love my life no matter what the circumstance is surrounding it. 

Anyway, I won't go on and on here, as I've already gone for longer then I thought I would.  I just mainly wanted to show you some of the pictures.  I'm so proud of them, and so happy for what they represent for me.  They represent good in a bad time.  They represent my therapy, and my way of lessening the feelings of gloom.









No comments:

Post a Comment